Friday, October 3, 2008

Quiche, Costco, and a Movie

I'm moving this weekend, so I began my preparations by making a Costco trip for some easy meals. Luckily I didn't get too carried away there, and I think I'm pretty well covered. I'm really hoping I'll start cooking more. I've dusted off the old books and recipe cards in the packing process and found some old favorites. At the moment I want to make some soups and chicken dishes - I think it has something to do with all the rain today.
I have 2 quiches in the oven right now... that will be interesting. I've never made quiche before and I kind of just made up my own recipe based on several I found online, plus my own ingredients. We'll see. I know the crust will be good because it's my great grandma's recipe!
I was drawn to quiche because I thought, I can freeze it and have it as a meal later. Maybe I'm going into hibernation mode or something, I don't know... It's fun though; it's been a long time since I cooked anything.
I'm also excited about a Pumpkin Spice Bread Mix I got at Costco. You just add the water, oil, and egg, but still - it sounded good, and it's a fun seasonal thing.
So I've just been hangin out in the kitchen, watching Stand By Me with my dog and cat, waiting to see how the quiche turns out.

(This really isn't the best written blog... every paragraph begins with "I" or "I'm"... my english teachers would dock me for that...)

No comments: