Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall = Mushrooms



As much as I love summer, I definitely love fall. The only trouble is that in Portland, fall comes and goes so quickly. It practically goes from summer sunshine to rainy, which then lasts until the following June. One of the things I enjoy about fall is the mushrooms. Since my freshman year of college, I have fallen in love with mushrooms and get excited whenever I see one. It is so fun to hike around searching for mushrooms because once you get an eye for finding them, you realize they are everywhere! And there are so many different kinds that will live in the same vicinity. These little guys I spied outside Zach's house, so of course I got out my camera. They have already grown much larger than when these photos were shot. Hopefully I'll get the chance to see some more mushrooms before the rains come.

No comments: