Thursday, June 12, 2008

The North Shore




Here's another shot from the Salton Sea. All the non-summer-like weather we've been having has been making me want to go back... I thought I'd post a "Then and Now" kind of juxtaposition to show the Sea in it's glory day. The bottom photo is a postcard I found online of The North Shore Yacht Club, and above is a photo that I took a few months ago of the same building. I wish I could have found a good front photo, or had taken a good photo of the lake side of the building. But you get the idea.
When I was shooting here, my grandma told me that she waterskied on the Salton Sea back when she was pregnant with my mom! I found that kind of funny, and cool. How awesome that she was actually there when the Salton Sea was the happenin' place?
I finally broke down and bought a photography book of Palm Springs featuring the art of Julius Schulman. They had an entire exhibition of his photographs at the Palm Springs Art Museum. It was so awesome seeing all his amazing work. He even had photographed the Yacht Club - though I couldn't find the image online to post. Here are a couple of his beautiful shots:

No comments: