Sunday, May 11, 2008

Salton Sea




This spring I visited the Salton Sea, which has been kind of a photography dream destination. It was a beautiful but eerie place. I was with my mom and grandparents, and I don't think they appreciated the beauty that I saw. I tried getting my mom to explore the inside of some of the buildings, but she was afraid that someone was going to "jump out and get us." Whatever that means... :) I tried to re-assure her that if we DID see anyone, they'd probably be o.d.ed passed out on the floor or something. There were also pigeons living in the buildings, which was added kind of a creepy element to the experience. We'd be walking through a completely deserted building and when we'd pass through into a new room, you could hear all this fluttering. I was afraid of getting pooped on. My mom was afraid of getting bird flu. I would love to go back to the Salton Sea for a crazy fashion photo-shoot someday.

2 comments:

Shyla said...

I would appreciate it... next time its you and me babe. I shot there in the sweltering sun and it was stinky and miserable...
you can be my fashion subject and we will have fun. bird flu and all!

xoxo

Jani said...

Oh funnnnnnyyyyyy...my little pigeon! I wasn't exactly SCARED just grossed out!! And yes,,,,,I was indeed worried about the bird flu :)
Mom